About the Future of Mining Americas Conference
The second edition of this conference will cover a vast range of content spanning right across the entire mining life cycle with automation, technology, development and sustainability at its core, focusing on the challenges ahead as mining begins to look beyond the now and plan for the future.
Topic areas from the 2019 agenda included:
- Analyze, Adapt and Overcome: How miners can build and integrate an effective digital strategy into their operations when parts of a mining organization are so different?: How do you a) take that strategy and operationalize it? And b) what does that look like on the ground?
- Mining stakeholders keep talking about Social Licence to Operate, but when will action become the focus?: How is social risk treated differently to other significant risks owned by mining companies and why? and where have companies turned insight into positive action and seen demonstrable improvements in relationships with communities?
- Our responsibility to the planet: improving our environmental sustainability: Where are the environmental pressure points for stakeholders? Is their concern justified?and what new strategies need to be implemented to ensure that we are operating more sustainably moving forward?
- Your future Workforce: Millennials aren’t the Problem, they’re the solution: How real is the risk of falling short in the quest for new industry talent and does this present an opportunity for mining to rebrand as an industry?
- Equality in innovation: is innovation unaffordable outside of majors, are these smaller mining companies being priced out of being able to compete and how do we ensure that all mining companies are not intimidated by the prospect of innovation?
WITNESS THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES, INNOVATIONS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ON OUR INSIGHT STAGE
Our dedicated Insight Stage will feature the leading companies showcasing their latest technologies, innovations and services to the mining industry including Komatsu, Proudfoot, MMD, Scania, VEGA, thyssenkrupp and Commit Works discussing their current and up-and-coming projects which will drive the mining service arena to new heights giving 300+ attendees the chance to interact with a diverse array of technologies and innovations from around the world.
SHARE EXPERIENCES WITH OUR INTERACTIVE KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGES
Our interactive group Knowledge Exchanges will bring together a small dedicated group of attendees to discuss and debate some of mining's most crucial and game changing opportunities for the coming year. Led by the event Platinum Partners Komatsu, Proudfoot and MMD, the Knowledge Exchanges will offer the exclusive opportunity to share knowledge, experiences and ideas through an informal roundtable.
ABOUT THE FUTURE OF MINING SERIES AND ASPERMONT
This conference builds upon the successful Future of Mining Australia (third edition taking place March 23-24 March 2020 in Sydney) and the Future of EMEA (second edition taking place June 2020 in London)
No other conference is backed by the knowledge capital of the experienced Mining Magazine editorial teams, which enables us to offer genuine insight into the catalysts and the trends redefining the global mining environment.
Aspermont Media is the preeminent publishing house for the gloabl mining sector, with publications including Australia's Mining Monthly( AMM), Mining Journal (MJ), Mining Magazine (MM) and MiningNews.Net (MNN), giving us unparalleled reach and knowledge into the industry and has been driving the Future of Mining debate digitally since the launch of the Future of Mining digital content hub in 2016.